My work has appeared on The New York Times, Al Jazeera English, RTE, Arte, NRK, ZDF, AJ+, The Spiegel, Channel 4, The Guardian, Middle East Eye, Euronews, BBC, New Humanitarian, O Globo, Equal Times, El Diario, El Pais, La Repubblica, Il Domani. I speak Italian, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
I have extensively reported from humanitarian setting like Democratic Republic of the Congo or Chad. I have also worked in Ethiopia, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Bangladesh, Gaza.
LIBYA NO ESCAPE FROM HELL
My latest documentary looks at the entire detention system, how this traffic works, the role of the militias and the way in which their control is exercised. It aims to point out the responsibilities of those involved, first and foremost that of the European Union which provides financing then takes no responsibility. What needs to be changed and what are the solutions?
ADDIS ABABA :: ETHIOPIA
In the densely-populated Mebrat Hail suburb of Addis Ababa, many apartment buildings are home to Eritreans who arrived after the peace agreement was signed.
The influx of people looking for work and accommodation led to a jacking up of rents – adding to the struggle of new refugees trying to make a fresh start in Ethiopia.
“I wake up in the night and I feel the government is coming to take me. I still feel they can arrest me at anytime,” Filomon told me. “I don’t feel safe here.”READ ON THE NEW HUMANITARIAN
READ ON AL JAZEERA
KHARTOUM :: SUDAN
- Briefing | Deadly protest crackdown casts shadow on Sudan’s future :: The New Humanitarian
- Com apoio chinês e saudita, militares do Sudão resistem a entregar o poder :: O Globo
- Battling the generals: A briefing on Sudan’s transition to democracy :: The New Humanitarian
TRIPOLI :: LIBYA
My latest documentary for ZDF about EU policies in Libya.
I have also extensively investigated on the role of the UN refugees agency in Libya.
A former staffer blows whistle on favouritism and ‘culture of impunity’ :: Euronews
:: MORE ::
- As war drags on, troubles mount for Libya’s Coast Guard and migrant detention centres :: The New Humanitarian
- Anxiety and uncertainty as UN refugee agency halts work at Libya facility :: The New Humanitarian
- UN tells migrants to leave Libya transit centre as $6m project flounders :: The New Humanitarian
- Driven to suicide in Tunisia’s UNHCR refugee shelter :: Aljazeera
- ‘Tragic and absurd’: Sudanese refugees detained in Niger :: Aljazeera
- How Niger became Europe’s invisible new border :: RTE
- In pictures: Sudanese families find refuge in an abandoned Libyan warehouse :: middleeasteye